The jury consisting of 12 members: Myles Little (US, jury chair), Ilvy Njiokiktjien (NL), Srđan Živulović (SLO), Petar Jurica (CRO), Goran Lizdek (BiH), Daniel Mihailescu (RO), Srđan Ilić (SRB), Boryana Katsarova (BUL), Majlinda Hoxha (KV), Ljiljana Karadžić (MNE), Ana Farngovska (MKD) and Ferhat Uludaglar – Zupčević (TUR), has made a selection of 90 photographs (50 photographs in 10 categories, i.e 5 photos per category; and 40 photographs in the category of photo story/reportage, i.e. a total of 5 best photo stories), which will be exhibited in the Sarajevo City Hall on January 27, 2017 starting at 7PM.
Please RSVP your attendance at the exhibition by navigating to this link. Admission is free for all events during the festival.
The Finalists of the Balkan Photo Award 2016 contest:
Aleksandra Leković, Aljoša Gračner, Andrej Tarfila, César Pastor Castro,Chee Keong Lim, Davor Konjikušić, Dean Zulić, Deborah Roffel, Denis Ruvić, Đorđe Vukadinović, Đula Bezeg, Edvin Kalić, Franjo Matković, Gaja Dolmark, HanShun Zhou, Ioana Cîrlig, Ioana Moldovan, Irfan Ličina, Istvan Kerekes, Jasmina Trpevska, Javier Corso, Jelena Janković, Jorge López Muñoz, Jurica Galić, Lorna Kijurko, Marko Risović, Martina Zanin, Mattia Vacca, MD Tanveer Hassan Rohan, Miguel Candela, Nikola Franjić, Oliver Frohner, Olmo Calvo, Ovi D. Pop, Sasha Maslov, Sohel Parvez Haque, Tymon Markowski, Ursa Premik, Walter Schoenenbroecher
List of all participating authors can be found here.
During the Sarajevo City Hall opening ceremony we will present BPA awards by category (Balkan Photo Festival statuettes), the Canon Grand Prix Award (Canon EOS 5D MK IV), as well as our special award, the Canon EOS 80D. (The jury assigned these two awards to 2 of the 11 category winning photographs).
The Balkan Photo Festival also brings many other interesting events in the days following the opening ceremony, as follows:
Friday, January 27, 2017
– 7PM, Sarajevo City Hall – The Balkan Photo Award – award ceremony and exhibition opening
– 9PM – Cafe Mash, live performance by musical band “Suspenders”.
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – National Gallery –
– 11AM – Canon gear presentation – Ferenc Torok
– 11.30AM – 1PM – Samo Vidic – Canon Explorer – Presentation of project “Munich Surfers”
– 1PM – 3PM – Canon CPS presentation and gear demonstration (yes, you can personally test all the newest Canon products)
– 7PM – Opening of an exhibition by Amel Emrić – “Lost Childhood” – National Gallery
– 9PM – Cafe Mash – live performance – “The Leftovers”
Sunday, January 29, 2017 – National Gallery
– 12PM – Pixsell.hr – Presentation
– 1PM – Igor Nobilo – THE FUTURE OF PHOTO TOURISM
Socializing of all those interested in linking their photography work and touristic tours in the region.
What is photo tourism, what are its prerequisites, what are the possibilities? Do you like to know more and would maybe get involved? Igor Nobilo, founder of Croatia Photo Tour, gives us his answers to all these questions and introduces us to how he started with photo tourism www.croatiaphototour.com
– 2PM – 4PM – CPS gear presentation (yes, you can personally test all the newest Canon products).
Monday, January 30, 2017 – Sarajevo Cathedral Square
– 12PM – Opening of the exhibition “Justice for Every Child” in cooperation with UNICEF Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In addition to the above workshops, Balkan Photo Festival, in cooperation with Canon, is holding a dedicated workshop for eight (8) participants:
“How to create a photo zine”, with Olja Triaška Stefanovič and Juraj Blaško.
This year’s Festival is supported by: the European Union Special Representative (EUSR), City of Sarajevo, UNICEF, Federal Ministry od Culture and Sports, BiH Art Gallery. The contest general sponsor is Canon and golden sponsor is Avtera BH. The contest is also supported by the following sponsors and friends: BlackBOX Gallery, New Event, Festival Hotel, Ilford, FAN Ferhatović and EUROBHPLAKATBH.
The Festival’s official photo/news agency is Pixsell Photo Agency.
The contest media partners are: N1, RSG, Antena Sarajevo, Dani Magazine, Oslobođenje, Dodho Magazine and Urban Magazine.