In addition to the award ceremony of the Balkan Photo Award 2015 and the exhibition opening at the City Hall on 29th of January 2016 at 7 o’clock PM, the Balkan Photo Festival brings a rich program too.
Please RSVP your attendance at the exhibition by navigating to this link. Admission is free for all events during the festival.
Balkan Photo Festival program:
Friday // 29 January 2016 // City Hall
– 7:00PM – exhibition opening and awards ceremony Balkan Photo Award for 2015
– 9:00PM – After party // Urban Sevdah // Caffe bar Mash
Saturday // 30 January 2016// BiH Art Gallery
– 11AM – A talk with Amel Emrić (AP) – “Photographer, a witness of time, more than twenty years in the photography profession”
– 12:00PM – Myles Little (TIME) – “How to create a story concept, how to turn the story into an exhibition or a personal project”.
A talk about the prject 1% SHOW” – by Canon Bosnia and Herzegovina..
– 1:00PM – Petar Sabol – SONY ambassador to Croatia – lecture about wildlife & macro photography, experiences, gear, work i photographing techniques.
2:00PM – lunch break
3:00PM – Panel discussion on the subject “Can or should art reflect social development” – visiting festival FOTODOKS (Munich) at BPF – Armin Smailović, Paul Lowe.
4:30PM – FOTODOKS team introduces you to the “PAST IS NOW” exhibition
6:30PM – Exhibition opening – “FOTODOKS – PAST IS NOW”
8:00PM – Exhibition opening – “1% PRIVILEGE IN A TIME OF GLOBAL INEQUALITY” // BlackBOX Gallery (Vrazova 5)
9:00PM – After party // The Leftovers // Café bar Mash
Sunday // 31 January 2016 // BiH Art Gallery
– 11:00AM – Uroš Podlogar – SONY ambassador to Slovenia – lecture on the subject of adventure photography – photographing from air and the Himalaya adventures.
– 12:00PM – Mario Periša – Judging the jury. Explanations and trends.
– 13:00PM – Screening FOTODOKS – a talk with Vladimir Miladinovic and Merlin Nadj-Torma – participants of PAST IS NOW exhibition.
2.30PM – pauza za ručak
4.00PM – Siniša Hančić (president of the Croatian Press Photographers Association – Copyrights and photography
8:00PM – Romulić&Stojčić – Timelapse screening i drinks at // Café bar Mash
Monday // February 1 2016// Sarajevo Cathedral square
– 12:00PM – exhibition “My place under the sun” – photography workshops for children in cooperation with UNICEF Bosnia i Herzegovina.
– 9:00PM – entertainment and social activities at Bosna Cinema.
This year’s Festival is supported by: the European Union Special Representative (EUSR), City of Sarajevo, UNICEF, BiH Art Gallery, Goethe Institute. The contest general sponsor is Canon, golden sponsor is Sony. The contest is also supported by the following sponsors and friends: AVTERA BH, Imtec, BlackBOX Gallery, Kim Tec, R&S, Tehnomag, New Event, Festival Hotel, Pycsell, FAN Ferhatović, EUROBHPLAKATBH, Fiskus and AtlantBH.
The Festival’s official photo/news agency is Pixsell Photo Agency. The contest media partners are: Klix, RSG, Antena Sarajevo, N1, Dani Magazine, Oslobođenje and Urban Magazine. Our entertainment and social activities are made possible by our partner Mash cafe bar.